Theraflu and Thai Umbrellas...

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 | |

What day is it?! I know that it's only been a couple days since my last post, but I have to say, "I MISS YOU, Orange and Blue Blogger!" ;-) I've been fighting a nasty cold/flu since Friday afternoon... Do you ever just want to whine? I don't know what it is about being sick but I definitely feel the whole of my self - my mind, body, and voice revert to being a 5 year old when I get sick... I laughed with my roommate Jami the other night as we talked about our sicky woes to each other... She said she cries when she gets sick and I simply whine... "Wahhh! Somebody fix me or at least cuddle with me." I stayed home from work yesterday. Ahhh. It was wonderful. First off, the weather the past couple of days has been phenomenal. Now, I know it's only been in the 60s but believe it or not, the SUN has been shining! Seriously, gorgeous, glorious... All in one, people! It's my favorite type of weather for sure. The fall comes earlier here in the northwest than that midwest... The leaves are already changing here... There's a crispness in the air... I love the combination. Crispy, sunny weather. Seriously it's THE BEST!!!! Maybe I'll take my camera out to play tomorrow if it's nice out... We'll see.

I'm lying in bed right now. My roommates are in the living room watching a Korean movie (Yes, in all Korean). I think it's a romantic comedy or something. Haha. My friend, Jessie is Korean. Well, half. And she is definitely more Korean than I am! Sometimes, I feel like I only look Korean... I'm adopted, in case you didn't know. ;-)

Anyhoo... Yup, I'm sitting in bed... drinking... Theraflu. Wish it was something more exciting, like a hot caramel apple cider or hot cocoa... but nope. Just Theraflu. I actually like it's soothing taste but am sad that this cough won't leave. After a couple intensely emotional and circumstantial weeks, I wonder of the Lord has allowed me to be sick so I continue to remain in a slower pace... More thoughts about that later...

I wanted to share with you some photos from my GOOD friend's Bridal Shower this weekend! O my goodness. It was a blast. My friend, Jennalise is getting married on January 3rd in England! Yes, that's right. London, England my friends. No, I have never been there before - or any other place overseas for that matter (besides being born in Seoul)... I'm so excited! Our bridesmaid dresses just arrived this past week and the shower was simply beautiful. Jennalise is just so classy. She's cute, trendy and extravagantly LOVES people - with gifts. The shower was just as classy as she is. I think all of the cuteness was due to her own contribution of decorations. We did this super fun photobooth deal with my mac for her blessing book! I had each girl take several photos with Jenna and I plan on having them printed vertically like an actual photobooth photo sheet... I'll have to show you when it's done... We played a few games and Hannah shared an interview she did with Toby (Jenna's fiancee) before he returned to London a few weeks ago... And then Jenna blessed us with these amazing gifts. Really unbelievable. Pearls, perfume, Viccy Secret Panties, our bouquets, a Passport holder (weee!!!)... And the CUTEST handmade umbrellas from Thailand for our photoshoot... Ahh... Isn't that just fabulous? I have to show you... Just a second...
There are a few more on my FLICKR page if you want to check them out... The party was so sweet and afterwards, Jenna and I headed to Pho for dinner... Shh... But I had it again for lunch today... Yummy! Perfect soup for when you're feeling sick... :-)

I have a few more thoughts to share, but I think I'll write a new post... for a new topic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment