Shh!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 | |

I know that I should be in bed by now... In fact I wish I would have been asleep hours ago, but the late night was definitely worth it! :-) My roommates and I gathered for a typical house night... And for those of you who have not had the pleasure of living with multiple girls at one time - house night usually includes: food, conversation and prayer. Haha. Well, at least house night in the New Song church community... Anyway... We started our conversation and prayer over a bonfire and s'mores.... until we got smoked out and moved into the living room. Can I just tell you that I LOVE my roommates? It's been a long time since I have lived in a house where I really enjoy and look forward to time with them... Wow. Seriously, I feel so blessed right now just thinking about the girls I live with. I'll totally introduce them to you over the course of my blogging but for now... Here's a photo...
Haha... Me, Allie, Tricia, Jami! I love it.... Typically house times haven't been my favorite night of the evening, but I have a sense that Jesus has some really fun times in store for us... I'll definitely keep you filled in...

So get this! I've had a pretty rough past couple of weeks... REALLY rough... Haha, to say the least. In fact, I feel like my heart has been all over the board this summer. Strewn all across the nation. I don't know. Have you ever felt like you're watching your life pass by and wondering how the heck all of it got to be where it is? Risk. Decisions. Heartache. Ugh. Anyway, I woke up Monday morning desperate. I was dialogging with Jesus about a conversation that I really wanted to have that day with a friend. And I sensed that it was a conversation that Jesus didn't really want me to have... But I argued my point and tried to get Him to see it my way... His response this time was a little more forward. "How come you will fast 40 days and believe for your nation, but you won't fast 7 days for your heart?" I remember responding outloud, "Because I don't trust you with my heart!" Ahh... What a revelation. I quietly and not so willingly obliged towards his request to trust him for 7 days... And on the way to work, I listened to Chris Tomlin's song. Your Grace is Enough. There's a line that jumped out at me. "God, I know... Your Grace is enough..." I remember crying out in response... "God I NEED to know..."

Well, can I just tell you that he's been SO faithful and gracious to me this week? Overly kind and beyond my expectation. He's totally blown me away by the friends he's brought into my life to speak words of encouragement, direction and life. I am once again just blown away by his desire to speak directly into our hearts through the words of other people. I mean, seriously - isn't it amazing that we can ask questions to the Father and he responds to us so clearly? Wow. So not only has he brought some amazing words of encouragement through some dear friends, but also given me some random instances of pure joy. Today, I went to this meeting for work and put my name into a raffle and totally won! Haha. Silly but it is a free trip to Victoria BC over night including travel. How awesome is that? I feel like Jesus totally knew that I need a vacation a time to just rest, relax and have some fun! (PLUS take pictures! Hehe)... It just felt like such a perfect prescription for my heart. And then this afternoon, I got the most random phone call from a unique friend. It certainly felt out of the blue, but I know Jesus was redeeming a circumstance from earlier this week. I had a great time catching up and look forward to her dinner invitation! Oh and I forgot another "gift"... A good friend text me this morning and it again was just so redeeming... and restoring to friendship in general. I was so encouraged by the truth that was spoken. It felt like it went to the core of my heart cry.

Anyway... I am going to sign off now. I love that I am back to blogging. It's going to be a busy next few days... but I'm excited! For now it's time for bed...

Sleep well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment