Good Morning, America!

Thursday, September 18, 2008 | |

Okay, so I don't think all of America has tuned in on my blog writing... Yet! But googleAnalytics will soon be the telltale. :-) Guess what! I'm sitting at home in my bed and it's 8:05AM! That's right. I know. "Why aren't you at Parkland Chevrolet, Bethany?" Well... I'll tell you. Haha. My receptionist, Crystal, is at home resting with Strep Throat. I assumed she was going to stay home today but called her and told her I didn't want to get sick, nor anyone else. So, I am going in late in her place. Which is just great for me! I still got up early and am ready to walk out the door right now, but a part of me just wants to snuggle back under the covers and close my eyes for awhile. We were all up so late last night... But I am sure that Jesus will give me the strength... So for now, you have my attention. :-)

You know what? I am sure you saw my blogging friends over there to the left... but if you scroll down a little bit you'll see a link for my old blog. Believe it or not, there are posts online from close to four years ago when I first moved here! I haven't gone back to read it, but if you so feel like it, you should do it and leave me a little comment here.

Oh, and for my facebook friends out there... Umm, I think that there are some of you who really need to take up blogging. Ahem... You know who you are... :-) Yup and even for purely selfish reasons for wanting to read your thoughts... I'm telling you that you should do it! :D

Now, I'm not sure what your political opinion is... but I just wanted to share how shocked I was when I read this article about Sarah Palin's personal email. I almost started crying for her. Can you imagine how violating that would feel...

Have you ever thought about where God and Government fit together...? Ever since last summer, when I went to TheCall in Nashville, I have been on a semi-focused journey learning about government, our nation, and where God fits into all of it... Late last summer I attempted to read the book God and Government by Charles Colson. It's pretty heavy on the historical side but has so much insight. I recently purchased a DVD that coincides with the book and popped it in a few minutes ago and watched a session on the separation of church and state. Fascinating. Several speakers talked about the original purpose of the constitution and its use in governing citizens rights. It also focused on the continual move towards a quenching of religious freedom... I was particularly struck by his last few lines. This summer I read the book Jesus for President by Shane Claiborne... The book itself was so englightening and has really opened my eyes in looking at scripture and it's place in our day to day life. I was really humbled so many of the sections and one in particuar that comes to mind is regarding Matthew 5. The beatitudes.

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Have you ever thought...

Ahh... I gotta run to work but will finish my thoughts later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment