Apology for igorance.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 | |

My Personal ‘Faith Priorities’ for this Election
by Jim Wallis
http://www.sojo.net/blog/godspolitics/?p=3166

My friend sent me this article which has provoked a couple thoughts in my heart. The first being an apology for an ignorance to particular issues being faced in the United States. I agree that I, as a Christian, have often overlooked specific burdens that are heavy on the Father's heart that play out in our nation. And for that I am sorry.

But my dad has also said more than once (my interpretation) that Jesus didn't command or speak much about the government bringing his Kingdom to earth. He spoke to His kids. His bride. The church...

(My response to her email) One thing that's interesting... With all the talk about the poor, etc... I think about scripture when Jesus talks about taking care of the poor and healing - his intention and message is aimed at people of the church... Not necessarily the government. Not that we as Christians should ignore the issues of poverty when making governmental issues...

But I feel like the need for [government to step in] rises in a nation where the Church has failed to rise to its calling and take its place in partnering with Christ to bring the Father's kingdom. Further, though the bride may be weak, the need for a Savior remains strong... And the nation knows it - ie: the resounding cry for change... Thus in our humanity we then expect the government to pick up where the Church has left off. (Again, this cry for change makes me think of the utterance of all creation crying out in frustration - For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that[i] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.)...

I can understand why there are Christians who are advocating and also voting for Obama's goals in helping the poor... though it may be a practical answer made with physical eyes where it makes "sense", I really think it's a moment to be looking with spiritual eyes at the power (or lack) of Christ working in and through us as his Bride to meet His kid's needs.

4 comments:

Sarah Hensley said...

Bunny, I think you're absolutely right...

Anonymous said...

good article...something good to chew on.

I am having more puppies... I will have a litter ready for new homes around Valentine's day! I also have a little male right now (he's 4 months old and about 5lbs) He's the same coloring as the pic you saw...he will be about 10-12lbs full grown- cute huh?

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Anonymous said...

enough apologizing- write again:)

Post a Comment