A whirlwind week.....

Sunday, January 21, 2007 | |

Omigoodness people. It has been a rollercoaster!! Well... From my last update you found out that I am leading UWT Ministry!!! I am SOOO excited... It didn't start that way... It was about a week ago that I had committed to officially leading UWT... Last Saturday night I told Sean that I would call him on Tuesday and we'd talk more details...

Well Tuesday arrived snowy and blustery. In fact I had a dentist appointment at 7:20 AM and my roommate did as well - same place even!! It was soo snowy but we made it safely on time for our appointments... Following, I slowly trekked over to Puyallup for a business planning meeting for 2007. It was intense. I had such a revelation of these men's hearts with whom I work. I am SO grateful for them. We went over some business deals and then Tim (my boss and GM) asked each of us individually about our teams and about our jobs - what we did well, and not so well... I was last. While I was sitting there the Lord revealed so much and asked me if I could see their hearts and what was my response. It was intense. Anyway, Tim got to me and I started speaking truth about them all and then it kind of snowballed downhill. The Lord brought up so much of my own insignificance and Tim called it out in my life. Bam. I started crying. It was so convicting and I just felt a bit rotten. I just saw again where the Lord was calling me up to USE the authority that had already been GIVEN to me. Its not that I had to search for it or work it out, I just need to walk, no RUN into it... Phew... I ended up talking to Susanne on the phone over lunch after a phonecall with Sean (not very good one)... It just felt like the Lord was just surfacing so much in my heart... Further, it was a little bit scary to have my heart unveiled before these men... I think they were a little surprised when I revealed my heart and areas of insignificance....

Well about that conversation with Sean. I was excited about UWT but at the same time still struggling in my heart... Just not Bethany at all... Well... Anyway, I came home and it was a mellow evening... Wednesday rolled around and I talked to Susanne again and told her how I wanted to pray with her through some things about discipleship. Another story, but I knew the Lord was pressing in to some areas from this past summer with certain relationships... Anyway, the Lord exposed even more places in my heart... of anger, of control, of fear of abandonment... It was just such a tender night of vulnerability with my dear friend Susanne. I felt so special and honored to share my heart with her and vice versa... And I left feeling so much better. Confident, clarity and ready to pursue the Lord's true love for my heart...

Thursday. PHEW. The engines of my life just got fired up. It was a normal day at work, but today I got a text message from Jennalise (my roommate) about my friend Hannah. Hannah is a student at UWT and will finish this fall... She has been on our UWT team and we met SOOOO many years ago - right when I moved here actually. I LOVE her... Anyway, she told Jennalise about how she really wanted to move downtown. I called Hannah right away with my excitement to pursue it with her. I seriously havne't really thought about it in much depth, and wasn't even sure if she really wanted to do it with me... Anyway, we decided to get together and begin interceding for the campus again... and also meet yesterday (Saturday at 10AM) for coffee at Firehouse...

Dooo doo doo... Saturday arrived and we met... While we were talking we decided we might as well just head down to the Harmon building (where the Revalesio office is) and check out the lofts. No one answered my call and no one has responsed to my email since Thursday when I contacted them... So instead we walked through the Artists lofts where a gal from church lives... Ehhh... Not at all what we are looking for... A little shabby and too alternative for what we were hoping for our UWT gals... So we decided to wait for the Harmon people to call us back... On our way back to Firehouse we stopped at this brand new apartment building right on UWT campus. They were having an open house and so we toured the place... Omigosh. Unbelievable. Brand new apartments overlooking the city. They took us upstairs to the 5th floor and the living room literally has a 180 degree view of the city - mountains, water, city. LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!! 2 blocks away from the convention center where we have Jesus- Ministry Conference. A block away from UWT buildings, across from the Old Spaghetti Factory and right down the way from the Rev office!!! WOOHOO. I immediately fell in love...

Hannah and I left and decided to pray on our own... All day long the Lord spoke to me and specificlally regarding my finances... How he wanted me to provide for the girls furniture wise, make it a place that they love to come home too. That it would be beautiful and comfy..Unbelievable... Anyway thi spalce is amazinnggg! A work out facility, conference room, living community area, a huge porch... with a grill... A full block of a soon to be Japanese Garden, a soon to be built UWT Sports Complex and coffee shop... I am thrilled. So I brought two of my roommates back with me yesterday and then met Hannah at church. After theservice we talekd. The Lord had confirmed it in both of our hearts, it IS TIME to run!!!!!!!

Soooo... today I went back with Jarrad and Casey Mock and Hannah and I turned in our applications for residence and I put on hold THEEEEEEEEEE apartment. Floor 5. Apt 532. Overlooking the city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, shocking huh. It's unbelievable and I love it. I can't wait for you to see more. It is SO nice. So that's my story. We're hopefully moving in next weekend. Haha!! Oh and another God deal. The first two months rent are FREE. Hehe... Sweet. My dear frien dLora was so kind today and went with me to IKEA... what a blast.... Kerri is helping me do some major bargain shopping... Las tnight Susanne and I were up till after 2am just talking... It was such a blast. I lvoe her. The Lord has just birthed and grown such a beatufiul frienship with her. I am gratefull....

Alright, I am exhausted. I didn't sleep at all last night - well I was thinking about it all last night... And I woke up so early this morning and have been going since... So I'm done for tonight...

Jesus, I'm so excited. Your story is just such an adventure and I'm SO grateful to play a role... What a gift. Guys, I really felt like it was Christmas yesterday!!!!!! Weehee!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

whooaaa!!!
wow it's definately a GOd thing bun that is awesome!You have been on my heart since reading your last blog entry and i have been praying/thinking of you and wondering what doors have been opening and closing for you, and how all had gone with your phone conversation! and then i log on and read this blog and whoaaa! i am SOOO happy and excited for you! I wish i was there to help you and just celebrate with you! God has great and mighty things in store for you my friend! I LOVE you! we will have to definately talk on the phone soon when you have a chance give me a call!
jods
i loveee when you blog like this btw :) kate reminds me of you!

Post a Comment