Adventure and worship.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 | |

Just a couple parts of my heart that the Lord is unveiling. I've forgotten where they lie... But I feel them being exposed. Last night, I grabbed "Captivating" to be reminded of what John Eldredge says about Adventure...

Women love adventures of all sorts. Whether it be the adventure of horses (most girls go through a horse stage) or white-water rafting, going to a foreign country, performing onstage, having children, starting a business, or diving ever deeply into the heart of God, we were made to be a part of a great adventure. An adventure that is shared. We do not want the adventure merely for adventure's sake but for what it requires of us for others. We don't want to be alone in it; we want to be in it with others.

Sometimes the idea of living as a hermit appeals to all of us. No demands, no needs, no pain, no disappointments. But that is because we have been hurt, are worn out. In our heart of hearts, that place where we are most ourselves, we don't want to run away for very long. Our lives were meant to be lived with others. As echoes of the Trinity, we remember something. Made in the image of a perfect relationship, we are relational to the core of our beings and filled with a desire for transcendent purpose. We long to be an irreplacable part of a shared adventure.

I love this. And it rings so true my heart that we want to be in an adventure WITH others. I think that's where my fear enters in... Taking the risk to enter into a new passion or ministry and ending up being alone. No one with a similar vision. But I am confident that I won't be. And then there's just adventure too! One of my fellow managers is building a cabin near Mount Rainier so that he can rent to people as a getaway. Wow, what an amazing adventure that is!! Oh, I think I forget that there are still parts of my heart yet to be explored. (: Makes me excited. I'm not sure what I'm waiting for though...

0 comments:

Post a Comment