Wow, I'm sorry I've taken SO long to write!! It's been pretty busy these past few weeks, and so much has happened, but here I AM!! (:
It's Wednesday evening and I am sitting in my home watching "Hitch" with Sandra while she grades Sarah's 10th grade English tests. I have to tell you how much I LOVE my house. It's so much fun. I've had a great time getting to know the gals. Jennalise and I have clicked like sisters. She's SO sweet. We've had great conversation and have really connected. It's like a slumber party. Hehe. We usually talk before bed and she's been such a friend these past couple of weeks. I love it. (:
Then there's Sandra. She is amazing. What a humble servant's heart. I love her too. I appreciate that we can always just hang out together. We've already had some fun dinner/movie dates and some quick errands/adventures. She's so much fun to be with - I appreciate her compassionate heart and tender spirit.
Sarah and I have gone on some great walks and spent some good time together at UPS campus. Such good conversation. I love that I can be real with her. Honest. And she's simple. A pure heart. Genuine passion for the Lord. Senesitive to others.
Susanne and Krista and I have had some good times too. They're so wise. Full of compassion. Discerning and full of joy.
It really has been the start of an amazing season.
My parents were here this weekend. Interesting for sure!! Check out our cinnamon rolls and time in Gig Harbor. (:


I was sick on Monday night. Woke up early on Tuesday morning throwing up ): - quite a bummer - but was so thankful for a day to rest. Spent most of the day sleeping but got some great time with the Lord. Felt like he was just as excited to spend some time with me. A necessary infilling. Do you ever get reminded how much you find comfort or get an empty filling of nothing by the things of the world or people or acceptance, rather than Jesus? Psalm 63.
I love it. It makes me think of all the needs of our physical body and spirit cry out for. A desperation. And I love how David then responds in worship with his whole being. I love it. A desperation and a satisfaction. Nothing goes unmet. Sometimes I hear His voice calling out - amidst my own desires/desperation to be filled. "Let ME be the one to fill you. I want to love you completely. I am the one who desires to KNOW the deepest parts of your heart. I long to hear and experience your yearnings and worship." Oh! You have got to read some writings by David Crowder. In fact - David writes about this Psalm in particular. Read this:O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
Then there are these lines from Psalm 103. I love it too.What would it be like if joy in the desert were as natural as our love for bbq on a Texas Sunda afternoon in the middle of August? What would it be like to know without quesiton that God is as present on the floor of the canyon as He is on the crest of the hill? To have this confident hope buried deep in our bones. To know no other than our Savior and feel the soul scream, "THIS is ENOUGH!! I need no more than You!! You are a feast! You are a cool spring! You are deliverance! You are a balm for all wounds! Your near presence is everything! It is breath! It is Life!"
I love it. Oh Jesus, that you would FILL me up!! You ARE more than enough...Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits -
Who forgives all your sins.
And heals all your diseases.
Who redeems your life from the pit.
And crowns you with love and compassion.
Who satisfies your desires with good things.
So that your youth is renewed like the eagles.
Tomorrow I'm going to see David Crowder. Friday it's Lora's Birthday!!! We're...... it's a surprise, but I'll be sure and share some pictures!!! (:
Alright, back to the movie... then I'm off to bed... Love you guys!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment