Monday, October 23, 2006 | |

It's definitely time for another update.

This weekend was packed and still going! Phew!! Actually, I got a lot of rest and was able to catch up on some reading... Friday night was crazy. I came home and talked to one of my roommates for a long while! It was so refreshing. She stayed home from school (work) that day and it was so nice to catch up. I was able to share my heart with her on a lot of the happenings. It seems Jesus has been doing a work and I am so grateful. Have you ever REALLY experienced intimacy with Jesus? And what does that look like? FOr the past week, it's been simple conversation throughout my day. I used to think that the quiet voice was simply my own thoughts and once and awhile I'd entertain them, but I decided to really communicate and extend these conversations. What an amazing gift it has been. I feel like I've been talking with Jesus like a close friend. It's nice because it's simple. Nothing too complicated. I yearn to grow deeper in this area. I've been reading "Practicing God's presence" about Brother Lawrence's relationship with Jesus. He too emphasized the quiet continuous conversations with the Lord. And when his failures, sin, or circumstances got in the way, he'd quickly divert his attention back to conversation with the Lord. Always focusing on loving Him and serving him to His utmost - in all situations - even the daily parts of his life. I love that he finds Jesus and intimacy with Him in the daily tasks as much or even more than the formal times of worship and prayer. My prayer is that my mind would also be absorbed in communion with Jesus.

As I have pursued this intimacy with the Lord, I have been made aware of my lack of truly KNOWING the King - my Jesus, my abba - my love. As I studied scripture and talked to Him, I realized how much I dont' realllyy know His heart. Know things about him. I mean I do understand salvation and the power of his death and resurrection - and have experienced some of the big theological concepts, but when it comes to His heart - His life, I am finding I am not as familiar. On the way to work on Friday, my heart was grieved over this and it almost brought me to tears. But He reassured me with His love, that if I seek Him, I will find Him. NOt to worry, that his love was still overflowing. And so I've begun my search. Reading and listening to scripture - all the while asking that He would speak to me - give me His perspective and thoughts while I study Him. I also purchased the case for Christ. I want to know Him. To be able to explain with uncontainable joy to another, WHO this Jesus really WAS and IS!

Anyway, Saturday morning we had discipleship. Following, my friend Kristie and I went to Panera and errand shopping. Mmmmm... Baked potato soup and a Red RIbbon Bagel - if you haven't tried one - you should! They're delightful!!! After, we hunted for a couple of books we both wanted to read. It's been SO much fun, because she has been wanting to read some of the same books I have pursued!! It's encouraging to be likeminded and have a similar heart to know Him better.

DSC_0627

DSC_0608

I was in kids church this week! I've been trying to figure out where I fit in. I've been in my classroom for several months and I LOVE the little ones. I'm just not sure what this season should be focused on. After church I was supposed to meet a friend for coffee, but it didn't work out... Oh, but I did find out that one of my friends from SPU got engaged the night before! Holy Cow - that was a surprise, for sure! She's a sophomore and is jsut so amazing. What a heart for Jesus.

DSC_0726

DSC_0639

DSC_0592

Sunday was Isaiah's Birthday - Oh SO fun it was!!! All the little kids and what a beautiful day!! Seriuosly, the weather out here has been unbelievable!! Warm/Crisp - Colorful! The perfect combination for sure!! (: I love it. I spent the afternoon with Casey - we walked to Tricia's new house for a football party and later I headed to Julie Walton's Birthday!! What fun!!! I LOVE birthdays - they're just so special - you have the privilege of seeing and beign around all the special people in that person's life. It's a gift. There were about 9 of us there so it was intimate and cozy. We had dessert at CI Shenanigans and spent a couple of hours just hanging out...

DSC_0760

And today I am back at work! Tonight is a surprise party... (: It should be a whole lot of fun... Tomorrow night is discipleship... Did I tell you that one of my cousins is coming to visit next month! I'm so excited!! Jesus is doing so much in my family! It blows me away. His spirit is really moving.

Well, I think that's about it! I added some pictures to my flickr site!

2 comments:

Tiffani P said...

i love that pic of isabelle!

~Jodi~ said...

i love your blog bunz and more so i love YOU! i love your heart and your honesty! you always inspire me to seek the truth and Jesus in such simple yet profound ways. thanks for challenging my thinkin
love you and thanks for sharin your heart! miss you!
jods

Post a Comment