Hi friends! I know it's been sooo long since I sat down and wrote a little update, but here I am!! Sitting on our maroon poofy or not so poofy couch in Iowa Falls Iowa. Oh yeah. (: The TV is on, my mom, Annika and Laura (sister in law) are playing the game Deal or No Deal. I just finished packing my bags and will head out tomorrow morning around 10:30 or so... It has been such an awesome trip to Iowa. The Lord IS changing my heart and I've had such a great time...
Wednesday afternoon, Kiara and Haley picked me up from the airport. It was so adorable, Kiara was wearing the cutest shirt ever - "Honey Bunny". She ran up to me so excited and gave me a big hug. What a sweetheart. We went to PF Changs for dinner with my not so helpful directions. Yummy though!! We arrived to the church right after 6:00pm. Kiara and I walked around the church where she found a bright pink and green Point of Grace shirt. She called it her "night gown"... Finally we got into the church and sat right near the front. The concert started at 7:00 p.m. and it was just dreamy!!!!! I haven't seen the girls for over 2 and a half years and it was such a treat. My smile never once faded. It felt surreal. And watching Kiara was so cute. She just adored them. And the girls were absolutely beautiful!! I found out that their dress designer is one of the designers from Project Runway. You've got to check out the pictures if you haven't already. After the concert we went out to talk to the girls. Kiara wanted them to "write their names on her shirt." And OHHH how she loved Leigh's dress. (: The girls were as excited to see me as I was them. I forgot how much I miss them and wish I could spend some time just talking. Anyway, we chatted for a few and snapped a couple of pictures...
Thursday I went with my grandma to get my hair trimmed and to go out for lunch. We went back to her house and hung out for the evening. Thursday night Ivy came over and we spent the evening together. We went out to Walmart and got some last minute Christmas presents.
Friday was SO much fun. I went to my Grandma's and met my cousin Sarah, her hubby Nathan, her two kids - Ida and Val, my aunt Lori and stepUncle Doug and my Grandma. We took tons of photos of her kiddos and family. Afterwards I went to my other grandma's and met my other aunt to celebrate.
It was a such a fun time just being with my family. At times in my life it's been so hard coming home and visiting with everyone. I know that it's mostly been my pride that has kept me from initiating in those relaitonships. But this time, it was so victorious!!! I know that Jesus has done so much in my life, but also he has done a great work in my family's too. In fact, last night I was up until 1:00 am talking to my cousins Ivy and Sarah about Jesus, spiritual warfare, God speaking, freedom and restoration. It was so encouraging and fun.
Today my third set of grandparents came to my house and we celebrated Christmas with my brother, sister in law, and sister (her girls). What a fun time. We ddi the whole presents deal and I watched 8 Below with my nieces. What a great time. I cried. Haha. Sweet movie and I think I'm in love with Paul Walker. (;
So here we are and I have my things packed. It's almost 9 p.m. central time and I am exhausted. I've been up late and getting up early everyday that I've been here. Still, I am excited for the week. Monday we have the Answer @Church - and a Christmas party at Parkland Chevrolet. I love my co-workers and miss my friends in Tacoma. Sometimes I get here and it's weird. Like Tacoma is an entire world away.
Alrighty, go see my pictures @ www.flickr.com/photos/bleev Enjoy!
Christmas Update!
Saturday, December 16, 2006 | Posted by bleev at 6:07 PM |
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Bun-
Was so good to spend some time with you on Friday! And thanks for taking the adorable pictures of our family!
Sorry I didn't ever get back to you about coming over to Williams... 5-7 woulda kinda been a bad time anyway; supper and PJs for the ladies, and me getting ready for the Christmas party!
ANYWAY... was fun to have you back for a tiny bit... I look forward to next time!
Post a Comment